Views: 369 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-04-11 Origin: Site
-HIFU is not suitable for people who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
-Patients need to be informed in advance if they have dental implants or metal plates in the treatment area.
-If the patient is currently taking any acne or skin thinning or photosensitising medication such as Roaccutane, your skin cannot be treated due to the risk of burns
-Patients should not be treated with HIFU if they have any open sores, acne, infections or skin sensitivities.
-Patients should not be treated with HIFU if they have had lines within the last 6 months.
Secondly, certain activities or treatments should not be carried out prior to HIFU treatment.
-Avoid using injectables on or near the treatment area for 4 weeks prior to treatment
-Avoid any facial peels 4 weeks prior to treatment
-Avoid microdermabrasion 2 weeks prior to treatment
-Avoid any laser treatment in the area 2 weeks prior to treatment
-Avoid excessive sun exposure 48 hours prior to treatment (we cannot treat sun-damaged skin)
-Avoid skin care products containing active ingredients (e.g. vitamin A, vitamin C, AHAs and BHAs) 3-5 days prior to treatment
Thirdly, preparation before HIFU treatment
-Skin must be scraped clean before treatment
-Please do not wear make-up during the treatment.··
-Remove jewellery from the area to be treated.
-Drink 1 litre of water before the treatment.
-Do not arrange sports or outdoor activities on the day of treatment
Precautions after treatment
- Do not bathe or wash your face with hot water for 1 week. Cold or lukewarm water will speed up recovery. If the treatment area feels hot or sensitive, use a cold pack or some aloe vera gel.
- Apply a good quality serum or moisturiser For 1-2 weeks, use a daily moisturising mask for your facial
skin. Avoid skin care products containing active ingredients such as Retin A, Vit C, AHAs, BHAs etc.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for the first month. Apply a 30+ SPF sunscreen daily.
- Avoid high intensity exercise, sauna, steam room and massage for 1 week.
- Avoid alcohol to reduce the workload of the liver in detoxification.
- Consistently drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin, help flush out metabolic waste, speed up skin recovery and boost collagen production.
-Do not wax or exfoliate the treated area for 1 week
-Avoid laser treatment and botulinum toxin treatment on the treatment area for 2 weeks
- Avoid the use of fillers in the treatment area for 4 weeks
-Check with your therapist if you are going to have other treatments on the HIFU treated area.
- Individual reactions vary. If negative symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
- Most people see results immediately after treatment. The best results are seen after 3 months and the re-production of collagen will last for 6 months.
For more information on treatment contact us and a professional aesthetician will be able to answer your questions.